Our Patient / Client Charter
The Dublin Well Woman Centre believes in, and upholds, the rights of our medical patients and counselling clients.
As a patient or client, you have the right:
- To connect with doctors, nurses, and counsellors in a relationship of equals
- To receive care and services free from discrimination based on gender, race, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ability
Non-Judgement and Respect
- To be treated by non-judgemental staff members in a courteous and respectful environment
- To have your reproductive decisions respected and supported by our staff
Safe and Effective Services
- To access the highest quality services, delivered with competence, skill, and care, by appropriately qualified and registered healthcare professionals
- To access relevant services and information to improve your health, and the health of those around you
Communication and Information
- To be provided with clear and understandable health information and advice
- To have your questions and concerns heard, and addressed by our staff
- To review and request a copy of your medical record*
- To freely make health and reproductive decisions appropriate to you and your needs
- To be involved in all aspects of your care and treatment
- To be informed of the risks, benefits, alternatives, and side effects of the treatment you will receive
- To ask questions about the information presented to you, to ensure that you are able to give informed consent for the treatment you receive
Confidentiality and Privacy
- To have adequate personal space and privacy when you use our medical or counselling services
- To have your dignity, privacy, and autonomy respected
- To patient / client confidentiality – but please note that this is not an absolute right, as the Dublin Well Woman Centre has an obligation to report in certain instances**
- To have your comments, complaints, and feedback about our services listened to, and addressed / investigated
- To express your views on services offered
- To clear information on the Dublin Well Woman Centre’s funding streams, and how public funding is used
- To clear information about how the Dublin Well Woman Centre is governed and managed
All medical and counselling services provided by the Dublin Well Woman Centre are delivered in line with our operational protocols, which are reviewed on an annual basis.
* A nominal fee applies if patients request a hard copy of their file.
**See our Policy on Confidentiality for further information.
Please download our full Confidentiality Policy for further information.
If you have the need to file a complaint, please download our full complaints policy for further information.
Access Request for Medical Records
If you have the need to file an access request, please download our document.
Data Access Records Policy
Please download our full Data Access Records Policy for further information.